Animals

Got something to share from your life? How are the kids doing? The grandkids? Pets? Farm Animals? Post it here! (Please keep all other opinions in related sections)

Topic author
treehousegirl

Animals

Post by treehousegirl » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:12 pm

I am sitting here trying to type. Have a 4 lb. chiwawa on my lap. A 110 lb rotweiller on my feet. A needy s#!t to my right and a gato that loves them all. "Bless the beasts and thd tonight.e children. I am blessed. Oh.....and then the chicken....

justhinkn

Re: Animals

Post by justhinkn » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 pm

My best friend of 14 years, a long-haired Chihuahua, is lying on my lap resting peacefully tonight. We lost her best friend, a large greyhound girl several year back. Now my best friend has entered her end of life with CHF. I find myself spending all my available time serving and comforting her in repayment for all the joy and happiness she has infected upon my family. She has endured all the joy and embarrassment you can imagine from the kids...I cannot even begin to count all the outfits my daughter had her model for me. From a Mrs. Clause, a Seahawks cheerleader, or my favorite 4th of July summer dress with matching visor. My little best friend is always there ready to go with me wherever I go or whatever I do, but camping is her favorite. Her best greyhound girlfriend taught her the sensory satisfaction of rubbing your belly on the cold sand in the river after a long hot walk in the summer sun.

I have never had an animal just sit on my lap and look up at me with such awe and penetrating affection. I know she is having a great life by the way she communicates with her expressions. Being camera shy that she is though, I have found it very difficult to capture all the moments but I think these are close. Thanks for letting me share a little bit of happiness in my life before its gone.
Attachments
TheLook.jpg
The Look
RiverHappiness.jpg
River Happiness
July4th.jpg
4th of July Parade
Be safe and wear your nerdy cardboard glasses my friends! :justhinkn

Puca!

Post by Puca! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:54 pm

justhinkn wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 pm
My best friend of 14 years, a long-haired Chihuahua, is lying on my lap resting peacefully tonight. We lost her best friend, a large greyhound girl several year back. Now my best friend has entered her end of life with CHF. I find myself spending all my available time serving and comforting her in repayment for all the joy and happiness she has infected upon my family. She has endured all the joy and embarrassment you can imagine from the kids...I cannot even begin to count all the outfits my daughter had her model for me. From a Mrs. Clause, a Seahawks cheerleader, or my favorite 4th of July summer dress with matching visor. My little best friend is always there ready to go with me wherever I go or whatever I do, but camping is her favorite. Her best greyhound girlfriend taught her the sensory satisfaction of rubbing your belly on the cold sand in the river after a long hot walk in the summer sun.

I have never had an animal just sit on my lap and look up at me with such awe and penetrating affection. I know she is having a great life by the way she communicates with her expressions. Being camera shy that she is though, I have found it very difficult to capture all the moments but I think these are close. Thanks for letting me share a little bit of happiness in my life before its gone.
Twinkles, you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Sally 'n Buster

Puca!

Post by Puca! » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:22 pm

justhinkn wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 pm

For those who do not know. CHF is Congestive Heart Failure. Because of the fluid they feel like they are drowning.

oneopinion

Post by oneopinion » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:12 pm

Penny and Phoebe send their condolences
6C337CEF-4D0C-4E65-A161-6557AC72630B.jpeg
On the beach
BEBDBD54-34BB-46DF-81F7-F3395A930242.jpeg
Waiting for their Puppicino at Starbucks

justhinkn

Post by justhinkn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:22 pm

It is with great emptiness that I announce that I have had to release the collar of my dear best friend and allow her to rejoin the pack from which she came. I was out of town when I heard the unfortunate news and she unselfishly endured the discomfort awaiting for my return for our final goodbye. With a hug and a kiss she was gone...rest in peace my little girl.
TwinkyToyzoom.jpg
TwinkyToyzoom.jpg (83.52 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Be safe and wear your nerdy cardboard glasses my friends! :justhinkn

Puca!

Post by Puca! » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:41 pm

justhinkn wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:22 pm
It is with great emptiness that I announce that I have had to release the collar of my dear best friend and allow her to rejoin the pack from which she came. I was out of town when I heard the unfortunate news and she unselfishly endured the discomfort awaiting for my return for our final goodbye. With a hug and a kiss she was gone...rest in peace my little girl.

TwinkyToyzoom.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

oneopinion

Post by oneopinion » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:13 am

justhinkn wrote:

TwinkyToyzoom.jpg
So sorry to hear justthinkn 😢

yangi1

Post by yangi1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:51 pm

justhinkn wrote:

TwinkyToyzoom.jpg
So sorry and what a beautiful face she had.