Super Bowl

Got something to share from your life? How are the kids doing? The grandkids? Pets? Farm Animals? Post it here! (Please keep all other opinions in related sections)

Topic author
oneopinion

Super Bowl

Post by oneopinion » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:01 am

I have hosted a Super Bowl party every year for the last few years. It didn’t matter who was playing, it was just fun to watch two teams and have a good time with friends and family.

It is with regret I must say that I will not be doing so this year.

Although I empathize with the reason for the protests, I cannot, in good conscious, support the manner in which the protests are done. Also, the double standard shown by NFL is just wrong.

I, and many family and friends, serve and have served in the military and law enforcement. This manner of protest is just disrespectful and a great slight to those serving our country. IMO

I will continue to boycott NFL games until they show better respect for the majority of law enforcement and military that are doing their job right.

#stillboycottingNFL

treehousegirl

Re: Super Bowl

Post by treehousegirl » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:12 am

I hear ya! Not watching the game. Instead - going to Sharkeys Hot Springs for a long soak with good friends and a barbecue Treehousegirl style!

Topic author
oneopinion

Players Got One More Chance to Kneel During Anthem at Super Bowl — Guess How Many Players Took It

Post by oneopinion » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:25 pm

On Sunday night, the Philadelphia Eagles faced off against the New England Patriots to put an end to what has been an incredibly political and drama-filled NFL season.

Hundreds of players have kneeled during the national anthem, President Donald Trump has slammed players for disrespecting the flag and Vice President Mike Pence even walked out of an Indianapolis Colts game after seeing players protest.

However, when three-time Grammy winner Pink opened up the Super Bowl despite announcing that she had the flu and had an extremely rough rehearsal, not a single player kneeled for the national anthem.

https://ijr.com/the-declaration/2018/02 ... s-took-it/