Marine 1 of 3 arrested after exchanging gunfire with man trying to barge into home

Post all non-political topics here. If it is a news story, please be sure to include a link.

Topic author
oneopinion

Marine 1 of 3 arrested after exchanging gunfire with man trying to barge into home

Post by oneopinion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:51 pm

A Detroit-area Marine was shot during an alleged home invasion - but he's the one locked up and facing charges.

Someone banged on the door, trying to force themselves into the home on Ackley Street in Westland. The family of Joey Nelson says that's what caused the active Marine to react.

My son was where he was supposed to be - inside his home with his legally owned firearm," Steve Nelson says.

Friday night, Nelson's family says Joey Nelson had been inside with his fiancée, their 3-week-old son and a couple of friends when someone violently started to knock on the door trying to get in.

Westland police say the man outside was 39-year-old Michael Wilson of Detroit.

"I don't know (who he is); my son doesn't know him; the owner of the home doesn't know him," says Steve.

Cracking the door frame, the family says Joey grabbed his gun and yelled for Wilson to leave.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-n ... -into-home

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login